Friday, January 15, 2010

pop art.

One famous artist that many people know is Andy Warhol. Andy Warhol was one of the first artists to create pop art.
Pop art uses a lot of colors, and sometimes doesn't make sense. He uses a lot of complementary color in his work. Colors like purples, yellows, and oranges, and reds, pinks, and greens.They're called hot and cold colors.

I did a rendition of this piece. Instead of Marilyn Monroe, I used John Mayer. I used four blocks and colored them in the same way that Andy Warhol did, using complementary colors. It adds a lot of pop that way...given it's name, "pop art".

Here is another pop art image. This image only uses three main colors and black and white. It uses yellow, blue, and different hues of reds. That creates an impact, because the image isn't all about the colors, it's about the content. The colors do add a lot to the image, however. When I made a self-portrait in this style, i used reds, green, and brown. Also, what you'll notice about the picture, is that the skin, lips, and eyes have dots covering the ful surface of them. That is what gives it that comic book pop look. When I made my version, I used pink dots for the face, to make it look as though the face was pink, when really it was just pink dots covering the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment