Friday, January 8, 2010

How

I have always had the dream of being an artist, ever since I was in kindergarten. I remember in fourth grade, we had this substitute teacher, Mrs. B. The kids, or I atleast, were always so excited when she would walk through the door. We knew that she was going to teach us an art lesson. Every time she was a sub, she would always make sure to teach the kids how to draw something, whether it be a fall scene or the Titanic, she taught us step by step, and I'm being honest when I say that they didn't look half bad.
As I am sitting here, I am thinking of all the things that made me want to become an artist.
Whether it was Mrs. B or any of my other art teachers, I have always loved art.
When I was younger, I wanted to be an artist who drew things. I loved drawing pictures of cats. Many many cats. All different kinds, and I would say that they were my cats.
As I got a little older, I took photo classes. I loved them. Photography is such an amazing thing. You can take an ordinary scene and by changing one little thing about it, such as the lighting or whether it's in color or black and white, it can provoke an erray of feelings and emotions. One piece that provokes many different feelings is the piece called "Migrant Mother, " by Dorothea Lange.
The feeling on the mother's face was captured so well in this picture. You can feel what she is feeling, stress, anxiety, pain. She is worried about her children, their lives. You can tell by her eyes. For someone to be able to capture that is truly amazing.
As I got into my junior year of high school, I took a class called Creative Imaging. It was a very fun class. We learned how to use Photoshop to transform a picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment