Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fallen Bird

Art is a  good way to just relax and let out your feelings in a creative manner.
A few of my favorite pieces consist of a black and white self-portrait, which i took and developed in the dark room all by myself. It's a photograph of myself sitting outside on the ground. I am wearing a mask which i made out of leaves. After developing the photograph, I scratched wings into the picture.
One reason I like this picture so much is because of its content, and the lack of color really brings something to the table on this one. This picture is called the Fallen Bird. The reason I named this photo Fallen Bird, is because of the wings as well as the mask. Also, because although you may not always fly, you always have wings, and when you're done you need to remember the good aspects of life and take off into the sky.
Another image of mine that I like very much, is a picture of a giraffe which has a cow stomach, tiger legs, and butterfly wings. The animal had been filtered so that it looked as though it was drawn with pencil. I then removed the color from the picture, and colored it in using a tablature and Correll Painter. The final image is an animal which looks like a colorful flying giraffe standing below a waterfall with a rainbow in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment